THE HISTORIC TOLEDO YACHT CLUB
The Toledo Yacht Club (TYC) is among the oldest yacht clubs in North America. TYC was founded in 1865 under the name of Toledo Boat Club when two rowing clubs, the Undines and the Naiads, joined together and turned their attention to sailing. The Toledo Yacht Club was incorporated on October 3, 1885 and in 1904, the club readopted the name Toledo Yacht Club.
The Toledo Yacht Club's history dates to the mid-1800's when rowing was more popular and power boats were still a dream. A disastrous fire destroyed the frame building on the current site in 1906. The current clubhouse was completed in 1908. Today's stately clubhouse continues its historic legacy with a formal dining room, complete banquet and catering service, a third floor ballroom, lunches and casual dining in the Den Bar with fireplace and large-screen televisions. Trophy cases and nautical memorabilia fill every corner of the club, reminding members and guests of the tradition that is still carried on today.